When the sun shines it’s rays towards the earth, the light is bounced off each uneven surface at uneven rates. The light becomes “scattered” causing reflected glares that makes vision difficult. A polarized lens uses a series of micro-thin filter to block out the glare and only allow organized waves of light to reach you eyes. Polarized lenses act as a “visual filter” for your eyes making every situation where the sun is present look clearer and richer by blocking blinding glare. What does that mean to you?
• Polarized lenses help your eyes to relax. By reducing reflected glare, your eyes will become less fatigued under bright sunny conditions.
• Polarized lenses can make driving safer by blocking out blinding and harmful glare.
• If you spend time around water either boating or fishing, polarized lenses will visibly reduce the reflections from the water’s surface. This means your eyes will relax more, and you can actually see down through the surface of the water more easily.
• For a sports enthusiast, polarized lenses will help you to make out fine details while golfing, skiing, cycling, or running.
• Camera enthusiasts have known for years that a polarized filter makes their pictures look better. Colors become richer, truer, and clearer.
Come in to Empire Optical, and we can help you select the perfect polarized lenses for you. We can make a new pair of polarized lenses for your sunglasses, or we can even make a custom polarized clip-on sunglass to fit over your favorite clear pair.
Thu, April 12, 2012
by Christian Hargrove